Many moms find that breastfeeding can be challenging. A one-on-one, in-person consult is the perfect opportunity to get the assistance and advice you need to create a successful breastfeeding plan that you feel comfortable with.
Common issues that would benefit from a consult include:
- Sore, cracked nipples
- Painful latching, difficulty latching or unsure if latch is correct
- Clogged ducts
- Mastitis (if you suspect mastitis, please call your provider immediately)
- Concern that baby is not getting enough
- Baby that needs supplementation
- Low supply/increasing supply
- Pumping help/flange fitting
- Returning to work
Many breastfeeding challenges can be resolved in one visit and others can be more of a work in progress. Contact us today to schedule a lactation consult with our IBCLC.